Here’s how to have an effective vision statement:
- An effective vision statement has support from the top. Leadership must be the vision’s foremost preacher!
- The vision must be articulated clearly and forcefully on every occasion.
- Effective visions are inspiring, clear, and challenging: they prepare for the future and honor the past.
- Leadership must live the vision! Leaders at all levels must model their actions consistent with the vision statement at all times.
- Be sure to build on strengths and emphasize the creation of enduring capabilities.
Need help with your mission and vision statements? Go to www.missionvisionstatement.com/ now.